Monday, July 1, 2013

Mixed Metal Accessory Haul.

H&M Accessory Haul.
So the other day I splurged and stocked up on some basic accessories to layer with from H&M. I do realize that it would have been more practical to film a haul video, but because I've been busy preparing for my trip to California I figured blogging is more convenient.

The contrast between light cool-toned metals and dark tanned skin is something I drool over so I have a tendency to gravitate toward silver accessories. I tried adding more gold to my collection by purchasing ear cuffs, classic gold bands, and a skinny cuff bracelet but I couldn't pass up the turquoise accented bracelets and another pair of classic bands in silver.

I know we were all once told that we shouldn't mix metals but I'm all for it. Sure, wearing gold with gold and silver with silver creates a timeless and traditional look but you'll receive something much more unique and modern if you mix metals correctly. If you're going to mix metals, keep the style of the jewelry the same or wear a two-toned foundation piece.

WHAT I BOUGHT:
Top Left: Mixed Metal Midi-Ring Trio by Divided ($5.95), 
Silver bands ($5.95), Gold Bands ($5.95)
Top Right: Turquoise Bracelet ($9.95)
Bottom Left: Double Gold Earcuffs ($4.95)
Bottom Right: Silver Bracelet Trio with Turquoise Accents ($7.95), Skinny 
Gold Spike Bracelet from The New Icons Collection ($7.95)


All necklaces purchased from Forever 21.

Tortoise Clubmaster Frames.
Last but not least, after trying on my best friend's pair of clear Clubmaster frames, I had to purchase a pair of my own. I bought these retro tortoise Clubmasters from Nordstrom's for only $10. A simple piece such as this can completely change up an outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment